Happenstance

You know those times when you’re driving in your car on the busy road and you see something that reminds you of a particular person and about five minutes later you see that person?  Or when you are talking about an old friend and within a few days you are reunited?  Crazy, right?  Happens all the time!  Are these just by chance? coincidences?

Several years ago, a dear friend of mine introduced me to Vision Boarding.  We sat together one day, cutting materials from magazines, printing photos, glue sticking quotes and putting down our dreams and visions of we wanted the next 365 days of our life to look like, who would be in it, and what we would be doing. I loved it! This process taught me how powerful our thoughts can be.  From that year forward I began directing my energy toward the positive and giving very little of my time and attention to things that did not make me happy.  I decided to let the good in my life and the good only.  I began to surround myself with positive people and experiences and those that truly made me feel good.  



Years later, my life has become the product of my thoughts(down to the dimples on my amazing husbands faceJ) and the fulfilling experiences that I have given attention to over the years.  I put out into the universe what I want, I express gratitude EVERYDAY for all that I have(and really, I am so very fortunate), and continuously practice positive thinking.  Everyday that I wake up healthy in a warm bed, is a day to be thankful for.

Ok, realists.. I hear you- life is not always perfect.. and certainly my daily affirmation and practice of gratitude doesn’t make my life perfect- believe me, it’s anything but that!  However, I believe that how we view and handle every card that is dealt to us will most certainly effect the outcome. Every single person out there has a story, has struggle and surely has a reason for why they are who they are, feel the way they do, and make the decisions that they make. 

I believe that the thoughts we generate and give attention to have so much power!  I think that the coincidences that happen in our life are products of our thoughts and we can apply these to anything we want!   

Happy Thinking, my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts