My Kind of Wonderful and Cheaper

With each step landing on the track this morning, what seemed like a big, frustrating issue soon turned into miniscule thoughts and emotions that were swept away more and more with every deep breath I took.  By mile seven, the hardest part of the track workout was over, and I had completely forgotten what I was frustrated about all together.  The feeling of happiness and accomplishment replaced those anxious thoughts and emotions and my focus was no longer on what isn’t or what could have been, but on what is and what will be.   

Unfortunately, we cannot control everything we encounter in our crazy, busy lives on a daily basis be it good or bad.  What we can do is practice healthy ways of coping.  Running is my cheap therapy and I blame it for my sanity. 

Workout: 2 mile, easy; 3 mile @ target 10K pace w/ 400 meter cool down between each mile; 2.5 mile easy.
Time: 1:13:00
Distance: 8.04 Miles
Pace: 9:03

Comments

Popular Posts