Hurts So Good

Why is it that the four mile, easy run hurts the absolute most?  I woke before my alarm this morning and was very happy to see that it was light outside.  I had another 10-15 minutes before my alarm would go off so I thought about closing my eyes and falling back to sleep.  I thought about it for at least three minutes before I finally realized that the best choice was to get up, and get the run done before another busy day.

I chose to wear my new sneaks for the second time today to continue to break them in for the big day.  Both the sneakers and my body were stiff, tight, and uncomfortable.  I didn’t feel like a strong runner for the first mile or so as I can imagine I must have looked constipated and uncoordinated.  I was swinging my arms around, shaking my legs out, doing high knees, and butt kicks trying to loosen my very tight muscles.   I’m really glad that I chose to run at 5am this morning when there was hardly any traffic, pedestrians or people out and about.  #tightmuscleproblems

A fellow bad mother runner and I used to peak Lomard(crazy hill) almost once a week together.  When we would reach the top I would say to her "It hurts so good, right?".  Although she probably wanted to hit me the first couple of times I said it, by the 4th and 5th time she was saying "it hurts so good".  Running is not easy, it's hard work and takes time and dedication but the feeling of accomplishment when you've peaked the hill, set a new personal record, or met your daily goal is one that makes the hurt feel so good.

Time: 39:12
Distance: 4.09 miles
Pace: 9:35 minute miles

Comments

Popular Posts