Relationship Goals

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, and all the hype about love and relationships, I think it's such a great opportunity to reflect on those we have. Relationships can so powerfully influence our lives. I'm not just talking about the one between you and the person you choose to share your bedroom sheets with, but I'm talking about all of em', down to the 1,500 Facebook friends you have whom only about 15% of them you would actually talk to in person. PS- If you don't know someone well enough to genuinely wish them a Happy Birthday on Facebook, it might be time to unfriend them.

Relationships can change your perspective on life.  You are the sum of the top qualities of the five relationships you spend the most time in. This is freaking powerful!  By choosing who you spend the most time with, you are literally shaping your life hence why now is such a great opportunity to reflect on your current relationships and either feel internally grateful for each and every one of them or consider spending less time with those that may be toxic to your life.

Relationships can be so meaningful and bring such partnership, joy and happiness to our lives and can also teach us important lessons. You've heard that term "there's a reason, season, and a lifetime" right?  If you haven't, check out this little poem on handy dandy Facebook to sum it up for you.   I love this because I believe it to be true. I think we must know that there's a reason, there's a season and then of course, there is a lifetime. 

So while I celebrate the lovely dovey smooze of Valentines Day with an amazing husband of whom I knew I was going to marry after our first Hallmark heart holiday together, I will feel grateful for our relationship and many others that bring such joy to my life.  


Comments

Popular Posts