When your month feels like a Marathon

Being the planner that I am, I prepped for the month of September as I did for my first marathon, anticipating the challenges that I knew it would bring.  

If you've ever participated in this kind of event, you know it takes work- physical & mental training, proper nutrition, adequate rest, education, support from others and the will to do it.  

As this month comes to an end and I reflect, I have been thinking a lot about the saying "this too shall pass" and how this couldn't be more true!  Things that feel so heavy in the moment, in the minutes, hours and days will surely pass.  When they do, there's a new perspective that is left, revelations made, and a new kind of strength acquired.  

I do wonder, or maybe I so much as believe, that these "events" that we either willingly take on or are presented with are just part of our story.  They are there to help lead us to who we are meant to be.  Like the universe is not going to give us more than we are ready for but will push us out of our comfort zones just enough, forcing us to the "start line" and expecting us to do our best.  Maybe it's really how we handle each step forward, each decision, each important part of the training program that defines our success- asking us to know when to push harder, rest longer, ask your partner for help, or not reach for that cocktail in times of stress.

I gladly wave goodbye to September but do it with gratitude for the lessons it brought that I have to believe are setting me up for something bigger.  



Comments

Popular Posts