Unapologetically Optimistic


Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am without a doubt a “glass half full” kind of person and I'm constantly seeking the life lesson, universal shift, and opportunity to grow & learn in the challenges life throws at us.  Anyone who has stuck around long enough also knows that this is my consistent nature and just exactly who I am. 

Making the choice to shine a little brighter on this world everyday doesn’t mean that I don’t experience struggles, anxieties, worries, fear, and anger. It doesn’t mean that I have not experienced trauma,  grief, pain, fear and loneliness at times either.  Friends, my family tree is straight out of the Charlie Brown Christmas show(in the most loving way) and my upbringing included many shit shows just like everyone else’s(sorry mom). Choosing to have a babe my junior year in college and all the grace that led up to that decision was everything but rainbows and unicorns.  Navigating the woahs of co-parenting a human-freaking-being every damn day for the last 4,015 days of my existence has been a mix of every single emotion listed above. 

In a week I will be celebrating my birthday and another beautiful 365 days around the sun.  a promise to myself this year is not to  stoop down to anyone’s level who isn’t ready to be on mine. I will always carry a glass half full, I will be the light, I will project the energy I wish to attract and I will lead with love, kindness and courage.  I will unconditionally welcome anyone and everyone in the room with me but if my light is shining in your eyes, you’d better put your shades on. 

Comments

Popular Posts