The Busy Brain


Does anyone else have issues with “lazy” days?  When I say issues, I mean like “guilt” or something? And when I say “lazy” I mean like that days that your body is telling you to sit, be still, don’t move, binge watch tv and eat crackers from the box.  My mind can’t cope with these day. I get this feeling that I’m missing out on something in life.  Maybe it’s just us anxious folk that have this problem, but I know that my head plays all kinds of fun on me when I’m having these kinds of days.  “Your son is missing out on Maine maple events” “Your dog could really use a walk “Your dishwasher needs to be unloaded” “The last load of laundry in the dryer is waiting for you” “I bet the beach is beautiful right now and your face would love that dose of sunshine” “The community library has tons of books that you should check out”  “You really need to buy a few new items for your spring wardrobe collection”  “wait, you really need to clean out your closet before you buy more clothes” “Aaden needs experiences- maybe we should try skateboarding down the street, the sun is still shining”…… and on it goes.  The left side of my brain is reminding me about all this fun I am missing, and the right side is slug speed turtle status, begging me to stay on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.

There’s no doubt that my anxious mind helps me to be as productive as I am and that while my body absolutely needs rests on some days, my mind cannot seem to understand that.  So instead of doing all the things today, I will sit, sip my homemade latte and write about this chaotic mind and hope that there’s someone out there who can relate.  Tomorrow, I will do the things.    

Comments

Popular Posts