Maybe she was born with it, Maybe it's Caffeine


Picture me and all my glory over my 125lb dog like she were a pony I was ready to ride, both feet planted on the floor with both hands holding back her hot pink harness tightly, giving it my absolute best to refrain her from one of many things, including what I imagined was eating one of the three toy sized pups in the veterinarians office.   Imagine being in the grocery store with your child and he/she is having the utmost stress inducing tantrum you’ve ever experienced and you know what everyone is thinking… It was like that.. I mean, if dogs could talk, the other dogs would be like “dude, you don’t get out often, do you?”.  After grabbing at her nozzle to try and prevent her from barking loudly as if she was ready to throw down which lead to her jerking back and smashing me in the face and creating a bloody lip, I decided I had just about enough.  “Aaden, grab my bag, we are out of here!!!!”.  “I’m sorry, I will have to come back with my husband!” I proclaim to the boy behind the counter who I knew was judging, with the four other humans in the waiting area, my dog-momma skills (or lack thereof). 


I’m often asked how I manage to maintain the title of "mom" that comes with all the hats, a full-time career in a field I love, an exercise instructor gig along with all the things that come with managing a home that I live gratefully in with my boy, husband and pup.  
Lie-  I do it alone


Truth- I don’t always do it perfectly but I always give my best effort.  There are times when we run out of dish soap, mayo and paper towels, sometimes the boy is a few minutes late for soccer practice and he's forgotten one shin guard, often times I am ten minutes late for coffee with a bestie, and Aaden might be wearing mismatched gloves because those were the most accessible as we were packing up all the bags to venture into another full day.   I was told once that doing it well is better than not doing it at all.

No freaking way!  I need help to do this life thing effectively- dont we all? Asking for help is one of many very challenging things for me.  I come from a long line of able women.  Woman who laugh at the face of pressure and chuckle at the bumps in the road, mostly because we are wise enough to know that pain leads to growth, which is essential in our journey to finding our joy.  I take great pride in this able women mentality that I have been blessed with since birth and know that it has helped me through many painful situations and struggles and will continue to throughout my life.  All that being said, I have also come to learn (and see this as a work in progress) the importance of asking for help.  

Truth- Momma, It's totally OK to take off the superwoman cape from time to time and ask for help, we are only human! XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts