#documentingmybeautifullife

I’ll admit that I was never the little girl who stood in front of mirror with long necklaces and high heels borrowed from my mother’s wardrobe.  I didn’t dream of the day that I would stand in front of my future husband, reciting my vows and hoping that the first kiss as a married couple would be as perfect as those in the movies.  I didn’t fantasize about the beautiful sunflowers that would have to be eloquently paired with other flowers and placed strategically in the middle of tables, in bouquets, and all around the day of my wedding.

....then there was Nick. :-)

At 28 years old, I stand in front of the mirror in our beautiful home together, in my running sneakers and yoga pants that were pulled from our perfectly selected bedroom dresser together as I prepare to set out for a 4-10 mile, 5AM run before the start of a #crazybeautifulday. On the course, I dream about how handsome he will look standing before me in his “casual” wedding attire, reciting his (personally written) vows, and how perfect our first kiss as a married couple will be because kissing him is always that.  I fantasize about the bright sunflowers that will be everywhere, radiating the light, which is what he brings to our life. 

In 365 days from today(and yes, I am counting!), I will be standing in front of a mirror, dressed in white, possibly rocking a pair of bright running sneaks (Im not kiding), feeling so anxious.  Happily anxious to marry the man of my dreams in the great company of our closest friends and family, sharing great, local food, drinks and conversation while my boy, Aaden, owns the dance floor during our "must-have", live music for entertainment.   

The last two years have brought so much change to our life, beautiful change.  As I browse through TheKnot.com, Pintrest, and Engagment Magazines while enjoying a cup of local #MaineCoastRoast coffee in one of our hand made ceramic mug, in one of our bright coral adarondack chair on a Sunday morning while our 15 week old Great Dane chases my 7 year old boy around our freshly mowed lawn, I can't help but feel so strongly about the power in positive thinking, expressing gratitude and finding beauty in change. Think it. dream it. believe it.  and... it shall be.  


#Documentingmybeautifullife

Comments

Popular Posts