All the Miles of 2013

With over 1,000 running miles logged and three pairs of retired sneakers, it felt amazing to finish the 2013 running year strong with at 5 miler, in 7 degrees and in the company of my new running partner(YAY!). 

Now it's time to reflect back on some of my most memorable Bad Mother Runner moments of 2013:


Starting line and the first few moments of my first marathon.
 
Finishing my first marathon in 4:00:34!
 
My first Color Run 5K
 
Participating on a relay team in the SheJAMS Rev3 Olympic Distance Triathlon- 10K run
 
Aaden's Kid's Fun Run as part of the Maine Half Marathon
 
Reuniting with some of the amazing County Running Babes at the Maine Half Marathon
 
Finishing the Maine Half Marathon in 1:45:22- setting a new PR for my half distance.
 
After spending hundreds of hours running in 2013, I have learned so much about myself.  Running is my happy place and where I go to relieve stress, work through thoughts, and become a better person. 
 
In life, we have to drive ourselves to overcome challenging obstacles and running has taught me how to channel my inner strength to push harder and further than I had imagined possible.  I apply the skills that I practice during each run to my everyday life- be strong, confident, self-disciplined, hardworking, grateful, persistent, always view criticism or weakness as room for growth, know that education is power, and believing that I am capable.   
 
2013 was a year of growth.  In 2014, I strive for nothing but self-improvement. 
 
“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.”Wilma Rudolph
 

Comments

Popular Posts