Feeling Thankful


I rarely get to enjoy a six mile run first thing in the morning on a weekday anymore but when I do, I am reminded again of how much I love starting my day with a run!  The rest of the day is productive, happy, and I have a great excuse for eating all day(because I literally do)!  Here are some of my thoughts today...


1.       Everything happens for a reason- Although I do believe this, I have to keep telling myself that there IS indeed a reason that I ALWAYS lock myself out of my home and car! 

2.       Everyone comes into our lives for a reason and although some do not stay forever there was a purpose for them while they were-  This is also why you should always clean up your FB friends.  Do you really want the guy who sat next to you during your high school history class creeping your FB page and knowing all about your mature adulthood life?  No!

3.       The people who do stay forever become part of your family!  I know this is true because when I had to send my son to school with pictures of his family, we had too many to count!

 
Every year my family has this wonderful tradition of going around the table before we eat and each of us saying what we are thankful for.  Although this is not always as beautiful and glorious as it may sound(haha),  it gives each of as an opportunity to think and express what we are grateful for.


This year,  I am thankful for the new and continued friends, relationships and FAMILY that we have both near and far and how much they mean to us.  I am very fortunate for the people in my life and the experiences that I have had to get me here.   This year has been one of big changes and I’m pretty confident that all of those changes have happened for a reason and lead me to the here and now and for that, I am thankful!

Comments

Popular Posts