Normal is Overrated

When I ran by the police officers cruiser in the pouring rain I knew exactly what he was thinking as he shook his head at me… “There goes another crazy runner”!  I know this because it’s what I used to think when I would drive by runners in the rain.  What possesses someone to wake up at 5am to exercise in the pouring rain? 

When I started running four years ago, I never imagined have the ambition to run a half marathon.    When I completed my first half marathon in September of 2010, a lot of friends and family members would ask me if I planned to do a full marathon.  I remember responding with "people who run 26.2 miles are crazy, something is definitely wrong with them, they are not normal, and I will never have the ambition to care to do that."  

Call me crazy because in a little over a week I am going to run that 26.2 miles rain, sleet, snow or shine!  Normal is overrated!

Comments

  1. I hope it isnt pouring rain then Reeg! But I cant wait!! You will do great!! Im doing the 10K but training hasnt gone quite as well as planned!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts